Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Family Trees

















What is a Family Tree? Well it is not a real tree but it is called a tree because we start out with person or the root of the family or clan. It could be the grandparents of the one starting it. Then it branches out to the children and their spouses to their children and children's children. It begins to look like a tree with branches :)

The best person or persons to make one would be the grand parents but if the are too old then the children with the help of their children. It would be nice to be able to make it up to the 4th or 5th generation.

I am starting to make my family tree starting with my grandparents (mother side), then my parent, my siblings and my siblings kids so up to the fourth generation. But I also got up to my nieces and nephews children. So up to the fifth generation.

I had started and almost finished it around 10 years ago. It was done on the website known as MyFamily.com. But after I got hooked to Facebook along with my other relatives, the site was ignored. But now because a family tree is needed I had to look for it. it was a good thing my brother kept paying for the site. I was sad to see that that the family tree was transferred  I had a hard time looking for it and when I found it  I was happy to see that some of the infos were still there.

This time I asked the help of some cousins and nieces and nephews. I was happy to see them cooperating.  But making it is really a task getting the dates and pictures. My mother has 9 siblings and 2 that died while they were young. As of now I have the information of the 2 that died and two families, of course my mom and her sister that are complete. The other sister is almost done but of the 6 brothers 5 have infos and some pictures but 1 still has none.

This gives me a headache but I think it is worth it. It will be something to hand down to our children and their children, an heirloom. At least they will know their roots, even if they have not seen them. Some people don't even know where their roots came from. I even added the children of my cousins born out of wedlock :)

I hope to be able to finish it, with complete pictures and information.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. LOL......my family tree is spread all over the globe. I got relatives in Africa, some distant fellas in Malaysia, US, the West Indies. Yep, our branches have spread far and wide :)

    ReplyDelete