Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Inaugural Light for Peace in Miagao



Tomorrow May 24, 2013, the first ever annual and international event to be held in the Philippines. It is the first of it's kind and we are luck here in the Visayas , actually in Miagao, Iloilo, that it will be held here. At first I was hesitant to join. I would be seeing posters and write-ups about it.

I was financially short and even if you could join with out paying I wanted to pay or as they call it, donate for the cause. They spent so much for the monks to come here, to pay for the board and lodging. I just can not understand why some would charge so high knowing that the event is a fund raising affair to promote peace. But that is their choice, they just don't understand and is just after the money. :( Kind of sad.

Well I was able to come into some money, as a gift so I decided to join. It will be a once in a lifetime event and I am from Miagao and there are others coming from different places to attend. It is kind of embarrassing that I won't attend and the venue is close to my house.

So I paid 350 pesos for 2 people, me and my daughter (approximately $8-9) and I paid 150 pesos each for 2 more  ($3.75) as donations. But those who paid 350 will get an official certificate with their name, a commemorative pin, 3 lanterns to fly and snacks. I thinks those who donated less will just get a lantern and maybe a pin and snacks. I am not sure because they are giving different instructions, I will know by tomorrow. Anyway what is 350 pesos to donate for peace.

It will be held in the football field of The University Of the Philippines in the Visayas, Miagao Campus. The objective is to promote peace thru inner peace. It is also an attempt to beat the Guinness book of world records of 12,470 sky lanterns released in a single event in Romania last 2012 during the opening of a shopping mall. So for sure representatives from the Guinness World Records will be present at the Football Field. They will try to beat it by lighting 15,000 sky lanterns which is the symbol of the light of peace.

Can't wait to attend the event. I will blog about it when it is done. Hope it will be a successful affair. I was able to take a picture with one of the organizers fro Thailand :) 


 You can read more on my other blog :


 

No comments:

Post a Comment