Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Rainbow Bridge








I Love dogs. To me they are like my family. I have lost a few very close ones and I have shed lots of tears especially for my first dog Lychee and my second one Candy. They have been with me for more than 4 years before they left. I was so sad then but while browsing I found a poem dedicated to dogs and pets who have gone before us. It helps to lessen the hurt of losing a loved pet. I want to share with you all. Some hay have read it and some not. The title is "Rainbow Bridge":


Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge...
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they miss someone very special to them; who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent; the eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. YOU have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
THEN YOU CROSS RAINBOW BRIDGE TOGETHER... 

After reading this poem when my beloved dog Candy died, it made me cry more but then it also made me feel happy to think she will be waiting for me along with Lychee, Brandy, Casper, Bailey, and Duchess. These were the dogs I have loved and died because of illness, some were puppies still and one by a hit and run with a tricycle. Sometimes knowing that they are happy and in a beautiful place makes it easier to bear the pain.

Some people would laugh at you saying they are just pets, animals. To me sometimes they are better than people because they give you unconditional love. Something some people don't now what it is. My dogs would be with me through hard times and happy times. They know that just by sitting beside you and let you stoke them can ease your pain and makes you feel better. The pain you feel when you loose a loved one (human) is the same you feel towards a loyal and loved pet, be it a cat, dog or bird or whatever animal.

Lychee was with me almost 5 yrs died because someone poisoned her
Candy died of liver failure never knew chocolates were bad for them she was with me also more than 4 yrs
Casper died at 3 mos of some unknown digestive problems
Bailey died at 5 mos hit and run :(
Brandy was almost 3 yrs  when she was a victim of hit and run her puppies also died when they were over 1 yr due to heat stoke
Duchess was a playful little pup she died at 4 mos also unknown reasons

No comments:

Post a Comment